The South Coast Writers Centre caters for members on the Far South Coast, Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Riverina, Eurobodalla Shire and the Southern Highlands.
By becoming a member of the South Coast Writers Centre, you will gain access to networks and grow a variety of skills through the many workshops, panels, events and meetings held for local writers and readers.
- • One free initial manuscript assessment of either
Poetry (100 lines maximum) or
Prose (1,000 words maximum)
plus optional synopsis for assessor information only (500 words max)
- • One free career advice session (20 minutes) via phone or face-to-face appointment
- • Expanded workshop programs
- • Discounted rates for manuscript assessments
- • A fortnightly newsletter providing information about events, opportunities and markets
- • Invitations to readings, books launches and literary events
- • Facilitation of online writing critique groups for writers of all stages and genres
- • Promotion of books and writing-related services on the SCWC website and newsletter
- • Consideration for inclusion as featured Writer in the Spotlight
- • Access to interest groups such as poetry workshops and the fiction writers groups
- • Discounts on competition, manuscript assessment, workshop and event fees
- • Access to the SCWC premises for meetings, writing and reading groups (subject to availability)
Fees for Annual Membership
Students: $22 (UOW students get their second year free!)
Groups and organisations: $99
To become a member, download the membership form and send it filled out to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your application.
To have a membership form mailed out to you, contact us or call the Centre on (02) 4228 0151. Payment can also be made by cheque, bank transfer or via cash at an appointment at the Centre. Memberships bought via PayPal will still need to submit membership forms.