Job Listing: Ngana Barangarai Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Literary Program Co-ordinator at the South Coast Writers Centre
This is a position for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified person.
Part-time position (minimum of two years).
16 hours per week ($17,571.84 p/a) + Leave Loading and superannuation (whole package $20, 829.39 p/a).
The successful applicant will co-ordinate the Ngana Barangarai Literary program across the South Coast and Southern Highlands. This position is based at the South Coast Writers Centre (SCWC) in Wollongong, and you will work under the direction of the Ngana Barangarai Program Leader, in consultation with the Director, SCWC.
Key components of the program are two rounds of creative writing workshops held at Junee Correctional Centre, the compilation, publication and launch of the annual Dreaming Inside anthology, and co-ordination of the Aboriginal Consultation Team.
You will be responsible for fundraising to carry out the program and will actively engage with community and partner organisations to enhance the delivery of the program.
- Work with the SCWC Director and the Ngana Barangarai Project Leader in support of the Centre’s vision and goals.
- Co-ordinate the current Ngana Barangarai program.
- Identify and apply for funding towards writing workshops at Junee Correctional Centre (two per year) and to cover costs associated with the compilation, publication and printing of the annual Dreaming Inside anthology, and organise the Ngana Barangarai Writers Night.
- Oversee training and management of interns/volunteers working on Ngana Barangarai literary program.
- Work closely with the Office Manager to budget and manage the Ngana Barangarai program’s resources, including funding applications and acquittals.
- Work closely with Ngana Barangarai Program Leader to co-ordinate the Aboriginal Consultation Team, and prepare reports for Committee of Management meetings and for other occasions as required.
- Negotiate with and engage casual tutors and professional writers for the program as required.
- Represent the South Coast Writers' Centre, and Ngana Barangarai literary programs in particular, within the arts, cultural and education community.
- Prioritise the demands of the position and manage competing tasks.
- Qualifications in arts or community management, or similar field, or job related experience.
- A demonstrated track record of securing funding and delivering projects within budget and on time, and knowledge of the attendant reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Well-developed administration, organisational and self-management skills, including word processing, email and other general computer skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, organisations and networks, and a robust network within this sector.
- Demonstrated experience in community cultural development.
- Flexible attitude to responsibilities and working hours.
- Knowledge of WH&S, Equal Opportunity and other related legislation.
Applications due before 5pm Monday 26 August 2019. We expect to conduct interviews on Friday 13 September 2019
Please send your application addressing ALL selection criteria by email to email@example.com
Any queries please contact Director, South Coast Writers Centre by email or telephone 02) 4228 0151.
Written by SCWC
Posted on August 14, 2019