Job Opportunity: Ngana Barangarai Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Literary Program Coordinator at the South Coast Writers Centre
This is a PAID part-time position for a minimum of two years.
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified position.
16 hours per week ($17,571.84 p/a) + Leave Loading and superannuation (whole package $20,829.39 p/a).
The successful applicant will coordinate the Ngana Barangarai (Black Wallaby) Literary Program across the South Coast and Southern Highlands. This position is based at the South Coast Writers Centre (SCWC) in Wollongong, and you will work under the direction of the Ngana Barangarai Program Leader: Aboriginal Elder Aunty Barbara Nicholson, in consultation with the SCWC Director.
Key components of the program are two rounds of creative writing workshops held at Junee Correctional Centre; the compilation, publication and launch of the annual Dreaming Inside anthology; and coordination of the Aboriginal Consultation Team. You will be responsible for fundraising to carry out the program, and will actively engage with community and partner organisations to enhance the delivery of the program.
This role is ideal for an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identifying person who has experience working in arts management and not for profit organisations, and is passionate about supporting Aboriginal communities and working in the literary arts
Applications are due before 5pm Tuesday 24th September 2019. Interviews are expected to be conducted on Friday 11th October 2019
Please send your application addressing ALL selection criteria (below) by email to email@example.com
Any queries please contact Director, South Coast Writers Centre by email or telephone 02) 4228 0151.
- Work with the SCWC Director and the Ngana Barangarai Project Leader in support of the Centre’s vision and goals
- Coordinate the current Ngana Barangarai program
- Work closely with the Office Manager to budget and manage the Ngana Barangarai program’s resources, including funding applications and acquittals
- Identify and apply for funding towards writing workshops at Junee Correctional Centre (two per year) and to cover costs associated with the compilation, publication and printing of the annual Dreaming Inside anthology, and organise the Ngana Barangarai Writers Night.
- Work closely with Ngana Barangarai Program Leader to co-ordinate the Aboriginal Consultation Team, and prepare reports for Committee of Management meetings and for other occasions as required
- Negotiate with and engage casual tutors and professional writers for the program as required
- Represent the South Coast Writers' Centre, and Ngana Barangarai literary programs in particular within the arts, cultural and education community
- Oversee training and management of interns/volunteers working on Ngana Barangarai literary program
- Prioritise the demands of the position and manage competing tasks.
- Qualifications and/or experience in arts or community management or similar field
- A demonstrated track record of securing funding and delivering projects within budget and on time, and knowledge of the attendant reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well-developed administration, organisational and self-management skills
- Proficiency in general computer skills including word processing and email, and excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, organisations and networks, and a robust network within this sector
- Demonstrated experience in community cultural development
- Flexible attitude to responsibilities and working hours Knowledge of WH&S, Equal Opportunity and other related legislation
Written by SCWC
Posted on August 14, 2019