The SCWC values the assistance of its interns and volunteers. Without their time and expertise, the SCWC would not be able to fulfill its extensive program of events each year.
Our volunteers assist us in the running of literary events such as book launches, book readings, workshops and panel discussions. They assist us in the setting up of events, the sale of books, social media promotion and catering, and help around the office.
Why volunteer for us?
- Volunteering is a good way to connect with the local writing community
- Volunteers get free access to selected events
- To expand your skill base and meet people
- To be actively involved in literary events
- To make friends with people with similar interests
- To apply your skills (e.g. in business, accounting, mentoring, other)
The SCWC has been expanding its online profile through its new website and social media. Our volunteers have been a great help in this mission, live tweeting our events so that all of our members are able to participate by physically and/or virtually attending. To follow our tweeties’ coverage of events please watch #scwcwrites.